Advantages of using table
1. Tables provide webpage layout without border
2. Table provide stable and consistent means of structuring a webpage
3. With html tables are easy to use to format layout
4. Tables are html that is use to display data
5. Tables help in loading the images faster
6. Tables on the web create newspaper pages using HTML columns
7. You well find millions of tutorials on how to use tables on the web
8. If you have a large popular website that uses tables it may be better to keep using them.
9. Tables used with forms for proper structure.
Disadvantages of table in an html
1. Most of Old browsers do not support tables
2. For disabled users, those who use screen readers will find it harder to jump from section to section
3. Search engines cannot read them that well
4. Tables use more code
5. Google attaches extra weight to keywords contained in semantic tags like H1s and H2s
6. The future of the web is css and not tables
When Companies sell their storage media, be a memory card, flash drive, or a hard drive we don’t get the complete..
The truth behind that is storage media when they sell us is defined as in 10^power but the actual way on a machine to calculate is 2^power..
The companies sell storage worth GBs but they provide as (1GB = 1 * 10^9), if we divide it by 1024^3 we’ll get the actual storage space of a flash drive.
Example.. To calculate storage of 4GB flash drive :
4GB (as per sale) = (4 x 10^9) bytes
=> 4 x 1000000000 = 4000000000bytes
but actually 4GB equals 4000000000 / 1024^3
=> 3.725… GB
so you only get 93.132 % of shown amount.
List of Practicals : BCA 4th Sem, (Jan – June 2016)
Internet Technology & Web Page Design (BCA0404)
- Develop a web page containing type of Computer hardware and Software.
- Develop a web page that display Time table. Give the different color to Time and Days of Weak.
- Develop a web page that displays DMC in the center of webpage.
- Develop a web that illustrate embedded and Inline stylesheet.
- Develop a webpage containing content with different web typography (Font family, font size, color, style, margin, padding).
- Develop a webpage the containing different type of images and link with them respective pages. Apply the CSS style (border, border-radius, box-shadow, float, margin, padding, align)
- Write HTML/CSS code for developing Menu bar (Home, About, Infrastructure, Facilities, Activities, Gallery, and Contact).
- Develop a web page the show the World Map and hyper link neighbouring country of India.
- Develop a webpage which divide the page using Frame. Each frame contain different link.
- Develop a webpage which is logically divided into following parts using external CSS.
- Develop a webpage containing registering form.
- Develop a static website on any informative topic.
- Develop a web page that illustrates XML.
- Develop a webpage containing Audio and Video.
Mega bits per Second
-> Up/Down Load speed
-> Web based Transfer speed
Mega Bytes per Second
-> file & storage
-> 1MBytes = 1 x 8 Mbits = 8Mbits
Example – To find the time 100MB file takes to download @ 56 Kbps or 56 KB/s download speed
We first need to convert 100MB to Kbits ->
100MB = 1024KB
= 100MB * 1024 KiloBytes
= 102400 * 1024 Bytes
= 104857600 * 8 Bits = 838860800 Bits
Time taken to download 100MB or 838860800 Bits @ 56 Kilo bit per second / s or 56000 bit per second
= 838860800 / 56000
= 14979.657 Seconds = 249.67 minutes
100MB = 1024KB
= 100MB * 1024 KiloBytes
= 102400 * 1024 Bytes
= 104857600 Bytes
Time taken to download 100MB or 104857600 Bytes @ 56 Kilo Byte/s
= 10475760 / 56000
= 187.067 Seconds =3.11 minutes
PDF : Portable Document Format
1. Quickly and easily created: PDF Files can be easily created or any document can be converted to the PDF format.
2. Compact & Easy to compress large files: PDF files support both raster & vector images, so as to keep the size of document minimal.
3. Self contained: PDF Document Files are self contained and don’t need any other file than just the one single pdf file that store all the images and text in a compact & one file.
4. Portable: Because of all the graphics and text are in single file, it is easy to share the document easily or portable enough to take somewhere in a flash drive or so.
5. Security: PDF Document files can be protected with a password and thus it is a secure way to keep valuable documents or make them in editable.
How to open:
PDF files can be viewed easily with the help of number of Document readers like Microsoft office, Adobe or Acrobat Reader, Foxit Reader, etc. These days even Web Browsers like Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome can help users to read pdf files.
You may Download the latest version from ” http://filehippo.com/download_adobe_reader/tech/ ”
How to Create:
PDF File can be created easily or converted to with the save as feature of MS Office or whenever you print a web page, choose PDF extension and save it to PC. Or just download “Adobe Acrobat DC” for the best experience on creating PDF files from here ” https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/pdf-creator-create-pdf-files.html “
(Availability of Digital Devices with Laureate Students)
11 Feb 2016
- 77% of students in campus have smart phone.
BCA(88%), B.Pharma (78%), M.Pharm(78%) & BBA(74%).
- 41% of students in campus have
M.Pharm (89%), B.Pharma (49%), BBA(30%) & BCA (28%)
- 14% of students in campus have
M.Pharm (33%), BCA (21%), BBA(16%), B.Pharm(9%)
- 12% of students do not have any digital device.
BBA (19%), B.Pharm (11%), BCA (9%), M.Pharm(0%)
Note: Survey is conducted by BCA 4th Students as a part of their curriculum.
Mr. Jasbir Singh
HOD, Deptt. of Computer Science
Invite Comments : BCA 4th Sem (Batch 2014-17)
Finding by BCA III Year Batch 2013-2016
Finding of BCA 4th Sem. Students (Batch 2014-17)
What is Firewall? Discuss the Needs and features of firewall.
Views of Students in Comments
Human value is a theory about “what things in the world are good, desirable, and important.” Modern society has been undergoing significant crises for last few decades. Indeed, human values are now withering very fast for which we humans are most responsible. The age-old simplicity and close ties between family and clan and village co-operation are withering fast. The growth of different modern political parties among the people and the total involvement of the masses in party politics is a contributory factor to such development.